Downloadable PDF: Resume of Kris Shenk (DS CIO)
Information Technology professional with 30 years of growth-oriented experience in complex and high volume transaction based environments, particularly ecommerce, enterprise systems in consumer packaged goods and direct to consumer (Direct Selling, Multi-level Marketing, Direct Marketing) product channels. Includes experience in Fortune 50, start-up and turnaround environments.
Key emphasis on:
- Strategic technology alignment with business objectives (IT-Business partnering)
- Extreme customer satisfaction (internal and external customers)
- Enterprise technology architecture, design and implementation
- Product and services development for organizational benefit and/or incremental revenue opportunities
- Budgetary and cost control/containment
- Staff management / development
Zoyto Inc: Senior Vice President / CIO / COO (2010 – Present)
Executive Management of a boutique $25M custom software and fulfillment operations company. Responsible for strategic direction, planning and technology management, focused on client satisfaction, product development and sales of enterprise solutions.
Responsibilities and Accomplishments include:
- Staff development and leadership for international team of 100 with 9 direct reports
- Client management and engagement support; Increased overall client satisfaction scores by 90%
- Sales and Marketing: Increased new client acquisition and conversion rate by 70%
- New product development for increased recurring revenue opportunities; increased revenue by 30% to date
- Establishment of global professional services organization for client support and incremental revenue opportunities
- Establishment of information technology standards to improve software deployment times and reduced defect rates
- Implemented automation, efficiencies resulting in increased bill rates by 45% (recovery of estimated $2M in revenue/year)
Rodan & Fields LLC: Vice President – Information Technology and Operations (2008 – 2010)
Responsible for strategic planning and execution of information technology and supply chain operations for a direct selling startup. Includes establishment and execution of I.T. systems strategic roadmap (systems architecture and design), definition of new business processes and process governance, creation of business process outsourcing relationships and management and establishment of optimized end-to-end supply chain.
Responsibilities and Accomplishments include:
- Completed enterprise systems analysis and re-engineering. Retired non-functional Jenkon system in a complex phased and highly integrated replacement with Netsteps enterprise software suite
- Creation of Call /Contact Center of Excellence strategy to support growing organization. Utilized modern technology support tools (Email management, chat functionality and computer telephony integration (CTI)). Also included complete replacement of telephone switch and associated technology
- Improved overall supply chain operations, including forecasting, demand planning and fulfillment operations. Improved overall customer and field satisfaction
Integrated Management Services: Vice President – Information Technology and Supply Chain Consulting Practices (2005 – 2008)
Acquired, managed and led consulting engagements targeted at Direct Marketing and Direct Selling (MLM) companies. Provided strategic input for organizations in start-up or turn-around conditions with engagements including Information Technology capability assessments, and strategic roadmaps with technology/business alignment, system/vendor selections and overall business operation improvements with emphasis on cost savings, cost containment, risk management and process efficiencies.
Major Accomplishments Include:
- 2 year engagement as contract CIO/COO for $120M direct selling company. Managed a staff of 70 Operations and 30 IT
- Led and executed a 2 year strategic roadmap and business re-engineering project improving operational efficiency and saving $4M per year in operating expenses.
- Completed $11M inventory move for a consumer packaged goods organization
- Created $2M cost savings from a supply chain optimization project
- Direct Selling Software vendor experience includes: Jenkon, Netsteps, Niche, Nextwave, Icentris, Thatcher, MLM By Design and others
Major Direct Selling Engagements Include:
- Arbonne International – Telecom Assessment and systems upgrade planning,
- Levlad – Warehouse / Manufacturing Facilities move,
- Guthy Renker – Vendor/Systems selection for Supply Chain Vendor Portal,
- At Home America – Operational and Technical Assessment,
- Strategic Restaurants (Burger King) – I.T. Roadmap,
- Cookie Lee – 2 year contract CIO/COO, I.T. Roadmap and Roadmap implementation
- Stampin’ Up! – Systems Architecture Improvement project
- GNLD – Global Systems Architecture Assessment and Recommendations
- Dove Chocolate at Home – I.T. Strategic Roadmap and execution
- Neways – I.T. Strategic Global Systems implementation
- Personal Preference Inc – Business turnaround and I.T. Strategic Roadmap design
- Million Wishes – Business Intelligence and Decision Support Assessment
- Touchstone Crystal – Business Startup
Gateway Learning Corp (Hooked on Phonics). Vice President/CIO – Information Technology and Supply Chain (2003 – 2005)
Built and led staff of 15 for a $52M company engaged in direct marketing of branded children’s educational products (“Hooked on Phonics” line). Includes budgetary (P&L) responsibility for $8.8M and management of telecommunications, network operations, e-commerce, complex data warehousing/decision support, fulfillment operations and product supply chain/logistics.
- Corporate technical strategy and direction focused on organizational profit and performance improvements in highly data driven direct response/direct marketing environment.
- Responsible for complex ecommerce and back office systems for direct response and continuity programs
- Technical Call treatment and handling of over 3M sales calls / 1M customer service calls per year
- Product fulfillment for 200K product shipments annually through direct to consumer, e-tail and retail channels.
- Responsible for cradle to grave order processing and billing for over $52M in annual customer billing
Major Accomplishments Include:
- Renegotiated telecommunications contracts reducing annual telecom expenses by 50% ($1M to $500K)
- Executed 18 month project to complete organizational re-engineering with migration to 100% BPO (outsourcing).
- Completed $.5M mission critical decision support data warehouse build utilizing EMCSAN technology. Included data integrations with 12 external sources, vendor portal/extranet and positioning for OLAP advanced data modeling.
- Created complete reverse logistics process, including product refurbishment with $250K in return to stock credits annually.
- Performed acquisition, review and implementation of 7 outsourced telesales vendors.
Time Warner Cable (1990 – 2003)
Director of Information Technology/Special Projects: Corporate Office (2002 – 2003)
Director of Information Technology: Los Angeles Division (1994 – 2002)
Engineering Manager: Los Angeles Division (1990 – 1994)
(2002 – 2003): Responsible for enterprise Information Technology project management, including implementations impacting 40 Time Warner Cable Divisions across the country. Emphasis on project planning, organizing and controlling, resource management with cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams, contract negotiations (with emphasis on financial savings, leveraging of corporate buying power and risk management) Position required 100% travel.
Major Projects Include:
- PeopleSoft Financials (Oracle): An $8M ERP conversion project impacting 40 divisions and 36K employees countrywide.
- Shared Services Implementation: Project for corporate consolidation and centralization of Accounts Payable and Payroll applications. Project created an estimated head-count savings of 60 positions.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse (Oracle): A $3M project to create an enterprise Oracle data warehouse/data mart strategy. Implementation to support enterprise customer care, corporate decision support and back office initiatives.
(1994 – 2002): Built and led staff of 26 with $2.5M expense and $4M capital budgets. Department was engaged in computer operations, programming support and telecommunications in mission critical environments. Supported data center and operations for 450K+ cable television and 100K+ broadband Internet subscribers. Responsibilities included:
- Telecommunications: Developed growth strategies and architecture design in converged voice and data system environment. Included 3 (120 seat) contact/telemarketing centers, IVR (integrated voice response) applications with 3270 mainframe host interfaces.
- Data Center/Network and PC Support: Managed system design, support, maintenance and security of multiple mission critical data networks with 650+ associated clients across 8 locations. Included management of revenue generating ISP network servers supporting high speed data/internet access.
- Application Development: Provided software development, support and maintenance for all operational areas of the business. Primary focuses on process re-engineering, automation, executive information systems and connectivity of incompatible systems.
(1990 – 1994): Managed operations of cable television Master Control and Headend signal control facilities with 11 direct reports. Accomplishments include:
- Managed complete redesign and renovation of 200 channel cable television Headend signal control facility. Project completed on time, within budget and with no customer impact.
- Managed and improved Ad Sales commercial insertion system completion rate from 60% to 98% representing $1M revenue annually.
- Masters of Science, Computer Science & Engineering, University of Phoenix – 2003
- B.S. Computer Science, California State Polytechnic University Pomona, – 1990
- 70 credits toward B.S. Electrical Engineering University of Texas at Arlington
- Member, Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
- Member/Speaker/Contributor, Direct Selling Association (DSA)
- Member/Speaker/Contributor, Women’s DS Power Circle
- Member, Direct Selling Women’s Association (DSWA)
- Member, (former) Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT)
- Member, (former) Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Member, (former) Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE)
- Member/Speaker, Avaya Users Group (National and Regional)